3-27-2022. Linda's new "digs"

(Marilyn)

Tricia spent all of Saturday kind of overseeing Linda's transfer.  It was pretty stressful. 

So I went over this morning.  Linda had eaten her breakfast and physical therapy had been there and had her sit at the edge of the bed for a while.  Then it was a series of staff people who came by to meet Linda and get an assessment.

Linda is extremely puffy which the doctor had said was because of all the medications she was on.  He didn't want to give her any diuretics either because it would have been too much.  But Tricia will talk to the nurses tomorrow about trying to do something about it.  Those hospital arm bands are getting really tight.  They came and weighed her and she weighs 211 (at NHC she weighed 160).  The nurse said the extra weight was the water retention.  How awful.

The respiratory guy came by and Linda's oxygen level was at 87 and it should be 90 or more. He said if it is still low tomorrow Linda will have to go on oxygen.  But he says that sitting up in bed and doing her physical therapy and practicing deep breathing could probably do the trick.

Linda is still being Linda.  She asked me to put some salve on the bedsore on her back that hurts her quite a bit.  So I got the salve ready and then she wouldn't turn aside a little bit so I could reach it.  And then got upset because I couldn't make it happen. I have to keep reminding myself that her brain is just firing differently now.  

She also got very upset with me because she wanted me to help her get up so she could walk to the bathroom.  I reminded her that she couldn't walk and she insisted that she could walk.  I asked her to move her legs in bed and she couldn't do it.  We tell her over and over that if she would just work with the physical therapists she could get to where she could walk with a walker.  Whenever we tell her that, she goes stone-faced and ignores us.  Tricia has a great deal of patience in this area, God bless her.  I try, but I can't seem to have that much patience.

Anyway, her new "home" is pretty good so far.  We have high hopes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12-25-2022 Merry Christmas to all!

3-24-2023 "Never Roger, always Ed!"

4-11-2023 I am so sorry to say that Linda is gone